With the coronavirus pandemic rapidly spreading in the UK, it’s only right that we update clients and partners on what we are doing about it. As a company that has had a semi-remote working environment for over a decade, we are well prepared for any necessary changes in working arrangements and have switched to remote working with no hassle and no disruption. We will always adhere to the advice issued by the World Health Organisation and the UK Government’s guidance for employers.
To minimise risk to our employees, we’ve advised all team members that they may work fully remote unless a client genuinely needs to meet in-person or should they still wish to attend the office.** In such cases, precautions will be discussed with the client to ensure that all participants can travel to and attend the meeting with minimal risk.
We encourage everyone to maximise healthy lifestyle choices during this period to help strengthen their immune system and minimise the impact on them personally should they become exposed. It sounds obvious but eating wholefoods, getting plenty of sleep, drinking plenty of water, stress reduction and exercise can all help.
The coronavirus is a tragedy of 2020 both in terms of its toll on human life and also in terms of the economic impact; particularly on small businesses, sole traders and those living in poverty. That’s why it’s important that we try to strike a balance between protecting the physically vulnerable whilst also helping to keep society functioning in order to protect the financially vulnerable. There is no perfect balance in such a situation, however this is our rationale for not going into total lockdown.
In the event that a team member contracts the virus we will follow the necessary precautions as issued by the UK Government. Upon their recovery, we will encourage them to get back out and about as normal in order to help the economy function and to contribute to the much-needed herd immunity that will ensure society builds a resilience to the virus in the long term.
In short, we’re able to continue functioning normally as a business as we are already optimised to work in a remote working environment. We are adaptable to the needs of individuals and clients alike and shall ensure that everything continues to run as smoothly as possible in order to minimise the impact on human health and support the economy.
If you have questions or would like any advice on how to operate a business remotely, please do feel free to ask us.
To end on a positive note, we thought it is also important to share some of the positives that are happening from the COVID19 situation.
- China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital as there are not enough new cases to support them.
- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus using a combination of drugs such as: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.
- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.
- A 103-year-old Chinese lady has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.
- Apple reopens all 42 china stores,
- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.
- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.
- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.
- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.
- Tulsa County’s first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.
- All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.
- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19
**Update 25th March 2020**
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement, all of the Wholegrain team are now working from home during the lockdown, and all client meetings are now taking place online. Keep well everyone!