About the Role
We are seeking a talented, self-motivated and creative WordPress Developer to join our positive team. You will play a key role in the development of client projects and internal projects such as our website carbon calculator, helping us to lead our industry in creating low carbon, high performance, accessible websites that create positive impact online.
This role is an opportunity to work full-time semi-remotely as a web developer in a highly respected agency that’s challenging the status quo.
Who are you?
- You are a proactive communicator
- You have the ability to communicate without jargon
- You instinctively look to always help those around you
- You are a confident facilitator, able to come to conclusions without ego or bias
- You enjoy variety and have the ability to switch
- You are always striving to make things better
- You have an eagerness to learn
- You believe in the importance of standardisation and processes
- You have the ability to understand our business requirements and our clients
- You have the ability to work under pressure, with high attention to detail
- You have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- You are naturally honest and dependable
If all of the above is true and you have over 3 years experience in WordPress, this could be the perfect role for you.
Skills and experience that we are looking for:
- Experienced in PHP, HTML, CSS and JS development, ideally with considerable experience working with complex WordPress projects
- Understanding of programming methodologies and architectures
- Familiarity with automated deployment systems
- Experience in planning and monitoring software delivery and testing
- Experience developing accessible web solutions
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
- Understanding internal and external business requirements
- Solid understanding of technical on-site SEO
- Solid understanding of web security
- Experience with SASS/LESS
- Familiarity with DNS configurations, CDNs and SSL
- Experience of working remotely & autonomously
- Doing a job in which you can make a difference and help create a sustainable future
- Flexible working (semi-remote working from London base)
- Rewards for using renewable energy at home
- Team Days
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free access to London’s Santander bikes
- Paid traveling for events
- Discounts and invitations to events and facilities at Somerset House
How To Apply
We get a lot of good CV’s but what we are really looking for is a remarkable individual. Get in touch with us in whatever way you think best to get our attention and inspire us about the opportunity of us working together.
You can start a conversation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 0207 1128240 or using whatever method you see fit. We look forward to talking to you.
Recruitment agencies – please don’t contact us.