We are looking for a highly organised and proactive project manager, with great communication skills and an ability to set clear boundaries to keep projects on track.
As a Project Manager, the main aspect of the role will be to manage WordPress web design and development projects both through the initial project phase but also ongoing in a retainer model, leaning on our wider team of specialist team members to identify the best solutions for clients and to consult clients on their requirements.
You’ll need to be proactive, confident and friendly with clients, have a solid understanding of the solutions we provide, and have excellent attention to detail. You will work with clients who align with our mission to use business as a force for good and play your part in accelerating the shift to an Internet that’s good for people and planet.
About Wholegrain Digital
Wholegrain Digital is on a mission to use design and web technology to help create a sustainable future. We want to lead the way in becoming a truly sustainable business and greening the internet.
Established in 2007, we are one of Europe’s most established WordPress web design agencies, working with some of the world’s most positive organisations and we are proud to be a Certified B Corporation.
Although Wholegrain is based in London, our team is hybrid and so spread outside of the capital. Collectively, we work to create an inclusive and supportive environment in which people are empowered to do their best work and are valued for their contribution, regardless of their background. Our structure actively encourages personal growth and innovation as well as leaving space for the team to challenge and be challenged in order to continually improve every aspect of what we do.
Role and accountabilities
During a typical project you will:
- Communicate with the client to gather requirements & source material
- Advise the client on the best solution for their needs based on specialists input
- Build and manage effective project teams
- Manage time and resource to ensure client objectives are being met or exceeded
- Creatively solve problems
- Provide status updates to the client
- Conduct quality control on the projects that you manage
- Set and manage clear boundaries in projects
- Manage project timelines and budgets
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Understanding of web technology and how it can serve client’s needs (though you do not need to be able to write code, don’t panic!)
- Detailed understanding and enthusiasm for WordPress (or willingness to learn quickly)
- Confidence using web based applications
- Ability to understand business requirements of Wholegrain and our clients
- Ability to work under pressure, with high attention to detail
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A good eye for design
- Passion for delivering great customer service
- Refine processes that exist and develop new processes for the team and monitor the implementation
- Honesty and integrity
- Experience managing web design and development projects both end to end and in a retainer model, on time and in budget
- Experience using the WordPress CMS
- Experience working in a team and managing different personality types
- Experience of working remotely
- Experience talking to clients in meetings, on the phone and by email
This is a full time role, 40 hours per week (9 to 5), semi remote. We normally would ask you to spend one of your working days per week in our London office but this is a request, not a given.
The role is offered with £35k-£40k pa salary and 22 days of paid holiday + 8 bank holidays.
There may be days in the office when you are needed to bond with the team, do client visits or pitches. You are also welcome to work at our shared office space within Somerset House whenever you like and there are always people that are happy to join.
The role is a semi-remote position in which you will split your time between working from home, our office in London and attending client meetings at their offices in and around London.
- If we like the look of your cv and cover letter, we’ll be in touch to organise an initial call to get to know you better – this is casual and friendly, promise! It will also give you the chance to meet someone from our leadership team to give you an idea of whether we meet what you are looking for.
- If we get on in the initial call, we’ll invite you to attend an interview with some of our team.
- We will contact you within 1 weeks to let you know the outcome of your interview.
- Flexible working is an option.
- An additional paid holiday if you use renewable energy at home and additional days for length of service.
- You will have access to the SPILL mental health support platform with access to therapy sessions.
- Access to Santander bikes if you plan to use them.
- Birthdays off.
- Climate Perks Days.
- Somerset House discounts.
- Opportunities for learning and development by attending conferences and training courses.
The biggest benefit is of course working with clients and a team that want to use business as a force for good and build a more sustainable web.
How to apply
Simply click the below “Apply for this role” button and fill in your application!
We get a lot of good CVs but what we are really looking for is a remarkable individual. Please ensure you attach a cover letter and CV.
Please note, although we appreciate every candidate’s unique background and knowledge, for this role we are looking for talents who have experience in agency life and so we will only be in contact with successful applicants who meet this criteria.
Recruitment agencies – please don’t contact us.