We are looking for an HR and Office Manager with a passion for people and planet to join our team.
We are on an exciting journey as team, exploring greater levels of self management and autonomy in our team culture, while striving to push ourselves further as a B Corp to have a positive social and environmental impact.
As our HR and Office Manager, you will play a key role in this journey, working with company directors and all members of the team to support us through:
- A progressive approach to HR for the modern world of work
- Recruitment of new team members to join our growing and talented team
- Ensuring that we have the tools and facilities to do our best work
- Leading our progress as a Certified B Corp and our ambition to be one of the world’s most sustainable businesses
This role would suit someone who is comfortable managing their own time and taking leadership within their areas of responsibility, but who also loves talking to others, collaborating on solutions and sharing knowledge and inspiration.
The HR (People) & Office Manager will need to have the necessary experience, qualification (e.g. CIPD qualifications) and skills to hit the ground running, take responsibility across all People responsibilities and Office management. No specific qualifications are required for the sustainability and B Corp aspects of the role but you must have a hunger to learn and drive progress in this area.
Our ideal People and Office Manager will have great interpersonal skills, be confident, comfortable and empathetic discussing a range of topics with team members. You will have the desire to push boundaries and try new ideas in creating the best possible workplace for all of our team members.
Does this sound like you?
- You are experienced in HR and have relevant experience and qualifications (e.g. CIPD)
- You are highly organised with great attention to detail
- You are positive and excited by forward progress
- You can be depended on to get things done and are not afraid of responsibility
- You enjoy working independently
- You enjoy challenges and fast paced environments
- You enjoy administrative work as well as people management
- You are able to listen to and balance multiple perspectives
- You are able to manage competing priorities
- You care about people and planet
- You are passionate about creating a positive workplace for all
- You are looking to join a supportive team for the long term
Please refer to this ARCI sheet for full details of accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Salary: £29,000 – £35,000 (pro-rata)
- Hours: Full time (Minimum 30 hours/week)
- Contract: Permanent
- Location: London
- Reporting to: Directors
- Status: Eligible to work in the UK
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a HR generalist role (covering all areas of HR including recruitment, induction, employee relations etc) with knowledge of employment legislation
- Minimum 3 years’ office management experience including health and safety
- Highly organised and able to manage frequently competing priorities
- Ability to build and manage relationships at all levels
- Practised at handling sensitive and confidential materials with absolute discretion
- Flexible working
- Rewards for using renewable energy at home
- Team Days
- Free access to London’s Santander bikes
- Discounts and invitations to events and facilities at Somerset House
How To Apply:
Please click the apply button below and submit your CV and Cover letter.
Your cover letter should include answers to the questions below:
- Please describe your philosophy of people management, specifically addressing the balance between an HR employee’s responsibility to represent the company and the responsibility to advocate for team members.
- What’s your favourite HR tool and why?
- What are your qualifications related to HR?
- What positive changes did you bring about in your previous role?
- Tell us about an interesting HR situation you were involved in. What made it interesting to you? If the situation was an issue, how was it resolved?
Recruitment agencies – please don’t contact us.