To help Wholegrain Digital proactively build an ever stronger team as the foundation of a thriving business. This includes a wide range of activities to attract the best talent when we need them, deliver an exceptional employee experience and help us grow our positive impact as a Certified B Corp.
- Develop and implement a forward-thinking people strategy that meets the current and future needs of the business and aligns with our values.
- Proactively manage recruitment for both permanent and freelance hires, creating talent pools and networks to deliver on the teams recruitment needs within agreed cost-per-hire and time-to-hire objectives
- Create and define Employer Value Propositions and Freelancer Value Propositions for our variety of roles.
- Lead efforts to ensure that we act and present ourselves as an inclusive employer
- Lead the company’s employer marketing efforts, including social media and the company’s career page for both permanent and freelance candidates
- Lead efforts to earn top employer reviews and awards
- Help define and promote the company’s values and vision for current and future employees
- Support the onboarding of new employees and create personalised job descriptions for each employee
- Support each individual to develop and pursue a personal career plan, including provision of support, training and incentives where appropriate
- Coordinate and/or organise inclusive social events to build team cohesion
- Monitor employee mood and regularly report to management, identifying potential issues and solutions, especially any red flags
- Effectively off-board employees and gather learning opportunities
- Review and maintain effective policies that align with our values and with employment law
- Develop and maintain a world class employee handbook
- Monitor sickness and absence and support management in disciplinary and performance management situations
- Act as a point of escalation for staff grievances
- Explore People Analytics tools to see if they could offer value in improving team efficiency, quality of work and job satisfaction
- Create talent mapping plans that identify and address skills gaps while also aligning with New Business strategies.
- Ensure that the needs of the team are always aligned with the broader needs of the business, both present and future
- Lead any mental and physical health initiatives
- Lead internal communications to share learnings and successes, and celebrate special occasions
HR and Office Management
- Ensure that appropriate contracts are in place for all employees and that we always operate in compliance with employment law (working with consultants where needed)
- Ensure that payroll, expenses and pensions are managed efficiently
- Manage any HR related software and tools, ensuring they are fit for purpose and cost effective
- Manage any employee benefits, ensuring they are fit for purpose and delivered efficiently and effectively
- Ensure that all team members have access to suitable office facilities and equipment
- Ensure that we have a fit for purpose phone system in place and that it is always monitored during working hours
- Support employees to make the most of the facilities available in fulfilling their work
- Optimise costs of facilities and equipment
- Minimise environmental impact of any office space and equipment
- Monitor the environmental impact of our operations and manage any environmental initiatives
- Lead the improvement and recertification of our B Corp Certification
- Engage employees to ensure that we “live it” day to day and continuously improve
- Help tell the story of what we are doing to be a responsible business and employer, both internally to staff and externally as part of our employer marketing
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated in driving progress, who is hungry for responsibility and who has a real passion for helping build a healthy, thriving team creating positive impact in the world.
- Salary: £35,000 (pro-rata)
- Hours: Ideally full time (Minimum 30 hours/week)
- Contract: Permanent
- Location: London
- Reporting to: Directors or General Manager
Status: Eligible to work in the UK
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a HR administrative role (covering all areas of HR including recruitment, induction, employee relations etc) with knowledge of employment legislation
- Minimum 3 years’ office management experience including health and safety
- Highly organised and able to manage frequently competing priorities
- Ability to build and manage relationships at all levels
- Practised at handling sensitive and confidential materials with absolute discretion
- Flexible working
- Rewards for using renewable energy at home
- Team Days
- Free access to London’s Santander bikes
- Discounts and invitations to events and facilities at Somerset House
How To Apply:
Please click the apply button below and submit your CV and Cover letter stating why you would be the right candidate for this role.
Recruitment agencies – please don’t contact us.