We are looking for someone to join our team and bring some new ideas and inject energy into how we approach future clients and build strong relationships with them.
This isn’t a traditional business development role and so you don’t need to come from a sales background. You could be a strategic account manager who knows how to tell a story, or you might be in a marketing role and bring a bank of effective ideas. Equally, you could be in a business development role but want to work with clients who have more purpose.
It’s more important to us that you have the transferable skills that can shine a light on Wholegrain Digital as an agency that designs and builds the best WordPress websites in the world, uses business as a force for good and helps to accelerate the shift to an Internet that’s good for people and planet.
About Wholegrain Digital
We are on a mission to use design and web technology to help create a sustainable future. We want to lead the way in becoming a truly sustainable business and greening the internet.
Established in 2007, we are one of Europe’s most established WordPress web design agencies, working with some of the world’s most positive organisations and we are proud to be a Certified B Corporation.
Although Wholegrain is based in London, our team is hybrid and so spread outside of the capital. Collectively, we work to create an inclusive and supportive environment in which people are empowered to do their best work and are valued for their contribution, regardless of their background. Our structure actively encourages personal growth and innovation as well as leaving space for the team to challenge and be challenged in order to continually improve every aspect of what we do.
Role and accountabilities
Day to day
You will divide your time between qualifying and responding to inbound enquiries and generating outbound activities as well as attending events, new client pitches and raising the profile of Wholegrain Digital alongside our founders and internal team. It’s therefore incredibly important that you align with our values and fully embody who we would like to work with so that you can play a leading role in defining where we focus our new business strategy and why.
Outbound and Marketing
- To proactively identify exciting opportunities.
- To keep our new business aligned with our vision for sustainable business and ethical principles.
- Increase our brand awareness and engagement by working with other team members to deliver our marketing activities.
- Research and understand our customers and market to be the clients voice in the room.
- Identify new markets, growth areas and trends that align to our goals.
Inbound Lead Qualification
- Review incoming leads against our ethical screening process to focus our efforts.
- Collaborate with our community of Leads to create estimates and initial proposals.
- Flex your creative problem solving skills to find new ways to answer the brief.
Delivery of Business Development
- Manage the pipeline along side the SLT, providing the insight needed.
- Ability to gather needs and excite the team about fulfilling the brief.
- Track inbound leads.
- Deliver effective internal onboarding to the delivery team once the business has been won.
- Form and lead pitch teams with a focus on relationship building.
- Work closely with the SLT to spot potential new services that you think our clients will benefit from.
This is a full time role, 40 hours per week (9 to 5), remote. We normally would ask you to spend one of your working days per week in our London office but this is a request, not a given, and we find that having some time together really does make a difference.
The role is offered with £40k-£45k pa salary and 22 days of paid holiday + 8 bank holidays.
There may be days in the office when you are needed to bond with the team, do client visits, events and pitches. You are also welcome to work at our shared office space within Somerset House whenever you like and there are always people that are happy to join.
- The first step is to send us your cv and cover letter and we’ll be in touch to organise a casual and friendly call to get to know you better. It will also give you the chance to meet someone from our leadership team to give you an idea of whether we meet what you are looking for.
- If we get on in the initial call, we’ll invite you to attend an interview with some of our team.
- We will contact you within 1 weeks to let you know the outcome of your interview.
- Flexible working is an option.
- An additional paid holiday if you use renewable energy at home and additional days for length of service.
- You will have access to the SPILL mental health support platform with access to therapy sessions.
- Access to Santander bikes if you plan to use them.
- Birthdays off.
- Climate Perks Days.
- Somerset House discounts.
- Opportunities for learning and development by attending conferences and training courses.
The biggest benefit is of course working with clients and a team that want to use business as a force for good and build a more sustainable web.
How to apply
Simply click the below “Apply for this role” button and fill in your application!
We get a lot of good CVs but what we are really looking for is a remarkable individual.
Please ensure you attach a cover letter and CV.
Please note, although we appreciate every candidate’s unique background and knowledge, for this role we are looking for talents who have experience in agency life and so we will only be in contact with successful applicants who meet this criteria.
Recruitment agencies – please don’t contact us.