Wholegrain Digital is on a mission to use design and web technology to help create a sustainable future. We want to lead the way in becoming a truly sustainable business and greening the internet.
Wholegrain team adopts a semi-remote working culture with the aim of providing the perfect balance of customer service, team interaction and work-life harmony. We work to create an inclusive and supportive environment in which people are empowered to do their best work and are valued for their contribution, regardless of their background. Our non-conventional structure avoids politics and bureaucracy, encouraging all team members to challenge and be challenged in order to continually improve every aspect of what we do.
About the role
Wholegrain Digital is on the lookout for a motivated and enthusiastic Business Development Champion to join our amazing team! As a Business Development Champion at Wholegrain Digital, you’ll play a crucial role in growing our client base and making sure we only work with organisations that share our values and passion for sustainability. You’ll work closely with the team to identify and pursue new business opportunities, and will be responsible for winning incoming leads and empowering the team to continue working on sustainable businesses and charities involved in mitigating climate change and improving human rights.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, with a focus on organisations that share our values
- Manage the sales process from lead generation to close, including prospecting, qualification, and proposal, preparation and pitching
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, prospects, and partners
- Collaborate with the team to develop effective sales strategies and tactics
- Participate in industry events and conferences to network and build brand awareness
- Prepare regular reports on sales activity and performance, and provide regular feedback to the management team
- Managing pitches, writing creative briefs, undertaking research, writing presentations
As our Account Manager, You will:
- Share the same values and beliefs in sustainability (as a whole and of websites) as the rest of our team.
- Have a good understanding of WordPress Technology and Agency working style.
- Need to be brave to politely screen clients who may not share the same value as us.
- Be informed and innovative to find better solutions for our clients.
- Take the ownership of managing client relationships, marketing our brand and connecting with our project managers.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in business development, sales, or a related role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, prospects, and partners
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Experience working with an ethical or socially responsible company is a plus
- Passion for sustainability, human rights, and the environment, with a strong understanding of the challenges facing businesses and organizations in these areas
We have a non-conventional structure here, and value the importance of independence and autonomy. So there is no line manager to oversee and manage you, and you will work and manage your own schedule. You will prioritise your to do list, meetings, and other tasks on a daily basis. You’ll have an another account manager in the team to soundboard. You’ll report to our Managing Director, and work with our Project Management Team, our Developers, Designers, Finance,Talent Manager. You will also provide monthly reports to our Managing Director on internal and external issues whether that be positive or negative.
Please refer to this ARCI sheet for full details of accountabilities and responsibilities.
At Wholegrain Digital, we value our team members and are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive workplace. Our company culture is one of a kind and truly aspirational for other companies, and we believe that work should be enjoyable and fulfilling. Our team is happy, fulfilled, and proud to work here, as evidenced by our 5-star Glass door reviews! If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to grow your career with an ethically minded WordPress web design agency, we’d love to hear from you. Let’s make a positive impact together!
Compensation and benefits:
- This is a full time role, 40 hours per week, semi remote. We normally would ask you to spend one of your working days per week in our London office.
- Competitive salary with pension, the range for this role is: £40k to £50k pa
- 22 days of paid holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Birthday off
- Flexible working
- Renewable energy rewards
- Perks through work
- Paid travel to events in Europe
- Somerset House discounts
- Free bike access
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Doing a job in which you can make a difference to your teammates and help create a sustainable future
Our recruitment process:
- If we like the look of your cv and cover letter, we’ll be in touch to organise an initial call to get to know you better
- If you’ve wowed us in the initial call, we’ll invite you to attend a face-face interview with our HR team, our Strategic Account Manager and our Directors.
- We will contact you within 2 weeks to let you know the outcome of your interview.
How to apply:
Simply click the below “Apply for this role” button and fill in your application!
We get a lot of good CVs but what we are really looking for is a remarkable individual.
Please ensure you attach a cover letter and CV.
Please note, although we appreciate every candidate’s unique background and knowledges, for this role we are looking for talents who have knowledge of WordPress Technology and experience in Agency working industry, we will only be in contact with successful applicants who meet this criteria.
Recruitment agencies – please don’t contact us.