Wholegrain Digital are searching for a proactive business development manager with a commercial mindset to look after our loyal and ethically minded client base. Is that you?
About Wholegrain Digital
Wholegrain Digital is on a mission to use design and web technology to help create a sustainable future. We want to lead the way in becoming a truly sustainable business and greening the internet.
Established in 2007, we are one of Europe’s most established WordPress web design agencies, working with some of the world’s most positive organisations and we are proud to be a Certified B Corporation.
Based in London, our team adopt a semi-remote working culture with the aim of providing the perfect balance of customer service, team interaction and work-life harmony. We work to create an inclusive and supportive environment in which people are empowered to do their best work and are valued for their contribution, regardless of their background. Our non-conventional structure avoids politics and bureaucracy, encouraging all team members to challenge and be challenged in order to continually improve every aspect of what we do.
About the role
This role is an opportunity to be a business development manager in a highly respected digital agency that’s challenging the status quo and solving client’s real needs. You will drive the continued financial sustainability of the business and the growth of meaningful work within our team.
We’re looking for someone with great interpersonal skills, who loves meeting people to discuss how design and technology can help positive organisations to thrive. This role demands the ability to listen to the needs, concerns and ideas of others, while having confidence in presenting your own ideas and a natural ability to inspire the confidence of others. You must be comfortable discussing a range of topics with clients including creative, technical and financial matters.
- Experience negotiating contracts with clients
- You have a positive outlook that rubs off on others
- You understand the importance of pace and timing
- You genuinely care about the best interests of your team and your clients
- You cringe at the idea of being a “salesperson” and instead pride yourself on solving real problems for real people
- You are technically minded and confident discussing technical specifications and proposing solutions
- You are patient and thorough in turning requirements into solid proposals and project plans
- You are confident in presenting your ideas and answering questions
- You understand financial sustainability and how your role affects others within the agency
- You pride yourself on keeping the pipeline full and the team engaged on positive projects
- You love talking to people, making them feel valued and informed
- You have a knack for making positive connections and converting them into mutually beneficial working relationships
- You grab accountability with both hands
- You value every opportunity, but also understand opportunity cost
- You can get stuck into the detail without ever losing sight of the big picture
If all of the above is true, and you have experience in both web technology and business development, this could be the perfect role for you.
Please refer to the this ARCI sheet for full details of accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Doing a job in which you can make a difference to your teammates and help create a sustainable future
- Flexible working (semi-remote working from London base)
- Rewards for using renewable energy at home
- Paid volunteering opportunities, team days & team lunches
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free access to London’s Santander bikes
- Paid travelling for events
- Discounts and invitations to events and facilities at Somerset House
How To Apply:
We get a lot of good CV’s but what we are really looking for is a remarkable individual.
Get in touch with us in whatever way you think best to get our attention and inspire us about the opportunity of us working together.
You can start a conversation by emailing email@example.com, calling 0207 1128240 or using whatever method you see fit. We look forward to talking to you.
Recruitment agencies – please don’t contact us.